The Security Industry Authority (SIA) is the organisation responsible for regulating the private security industry in the UK under the terms of the UK Private Security Industry Act 2001. The SIA Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) is aimed at raising performance standards in the private security industry and is an independent proof of a contractor’s commitment to quality.
Novus Altair Limited holds SIA Approved Contractor status for the provision of:
The Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) was introduced by the SIA to provide standards of operational excellence and thereby act as a spur to raise performance across the industry.
BS EN ISO 9001 Quality Management System
We operate BAB accredited Quality Assurance System incorporating British Security Industry Operating Standards.
- ISO 9001 Accreditation (Registeration # 2012/644) Quality Management System.
- BS7960:2016 for Door Supervision
- BS7499:2020 for Static Guarding Security Services
- BS 10800:2020 Provision of Security Services
- BS7984:2020 for Key Holding and Response Services
- BS8507-2:2009 for Close Protection
- BS7858:2019 for Screening of individuals working in a secure environment
BS ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management System
We take all matters of Health & Safety very seriously. We comply with highest standards in health & safety and follow BS ISO 45001 which is an internationally applied British Standard for occupational health and safety management systems. All H & S related systems are independently audited.
BS EN ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
To fulfil our corporate social responsibility and to manage our carbon foot print on environment, we comply with highest standards in environmental management and follow ISO 14001 environmental management standards. We are fully certified and independently audited for this purpose.
Safecontractor is a leading UK Health and Safety accreditation scheme. We have achieved ‘Safecontractor’ status in three areas (ability to subcontract, labour agency, and security guards) following an independent assessment of our health & safety standards.
Construction lines a UK-based Public-Private Partnership between Capita and the Department for Business Innovation & Skills of the UK government. We are approved and registered on the UK’s largest register of pre-qualified contractors and consultants after an independent assessment.
Novus Altair Limited has been accredited in three categories:
- Security Service
- Security for Site and Vacant Premises
- Security for Site and Vacant Premises (Term Contract)
COP 119 is a security agent code of practice that strives to improve the effectiveness of security guarding service provisions.
One of the greatest triumphs for Novus Guard is that the British Assessment Bureau has approved Novus Guard for COP119 (Code of Practice for Labour Provision ).
All labor-related provisions for the Novus Guard are covered by COP 119.
COP 119 includes solutions for:
- A lack of effective verification and monitoring of deployed security officer SIA licenses.
- Security screening in accordance with BS 7858.
- Following the rules regarding working hours.
- Paying the minimal amount.
- Right-to-work attestation.
- Status of Employment.